Greater Wichita Partnership > Industry Selectors > Key Industries
The Greater Wichita region embodies a spirit of collaborative success. As the world’s global aerospace leader our economy benefits from the convergence of advanced manufacturing technologies, engineering solutions, new materials development, and highly skilled talent.
Wichita ranks #4 in manufacturing jobs as a percentage of all jobs, and #1 in percent of manufacturing jobs classified as “very high-tech.”
This region’s innovation-friendly infrastructure supports aviation while powering dozens of other industries — from agriculture to energy and healthcare to IT systems and support. A sense of shared success is palpable. Our business ecosystem is expanding. And demonstrations of what we deliver never fail to impress. Now, it’s your turn.
People in Regional Employment Base
Below National Avg. for Commercial Energy Rates
Below National Avg. Class A Office Cost
The Greater Wichita Partnership excels at helping companies within each target sector find their greatest advantage and assess how to leverage it in order to grow their business. Our ability to deliver insights and opportunities for collaboration within and between industries distinguishes the Greater Wichita region from others.
Learn more about each of the Greater Wichita region’s target sectors:
Advanced Manufacturing & Materials
The Most Manufacturing-Specialized Region in the Nation
The Greater Wichita Region is the Air Capital of the World
The Center of Modern Agriculture
High Quality Healthcare in the Heartland
IT Systems & Support
Growing Opportunity in the Silicon Prairie
Harnessing the Energy of the Heartland
Transportation & Logistics
Connecting Business to Suppliers and Customers
Of the 100 most populous U.S. metro areas, Wichita ranks #15 in the growth rate of digital services jobs.
— Brookings Institution
Regional Success Insights
- The Greater Wichita region is the most geocentric metro in the U.S. with direct access to both coasts, Canada and Mexica via two major interstates: I-35 and I-70.
- Two Class I rail carriers, BNSF and Union Pacific, transport goods to anywhere in the nation.
- Businesses are positioned to thrive in a low tax climate with commercial utility and rental rates that fall below national averages.
- A robust talent pipeline built through innovative institutions and programs make the Greater Wichita region the hard-working heart of the nation.
- Home to some of the world’s most recognizable brands including Textron Aviation with Cessna and Beechcraft, Cargill Protein, Koch Industries, Spirit AeroSystems.