Greater Wichita Partnership > Live & Work > Quality of Life
As the business and social hub for the region, Greater Wichita offers a wide diversity of cultural, entertainment, and recreational options comparable to larger metro areas. A focus on quality of life and livability is important, as it impacts not only the attitude and productivity of the existing workforce, but also the ability of employers to recruit and retain key talent. Greater Wichita also possesses what many larger cities lack – affordability, short and easy commuting and a high degree of public safety.
Are you considering a move to the region? Discover what makes the Greater Wichita region an unexpectedly amazing place to live, work, and play at ChooseWichita.com.
Living in ‘The Air Capital of the World’ is nothing short of uplifting. With a stable housing market, a low cost of living, great weather, and excellent education, it’s one of the great cities in the United States.
Cities for Work-Life Balance
Avg. Minutes Saved Per Week on Work Commute
City for New College Graduates
Miles of Bike Paths in Greater Wichita
A Vibrant Urban Core
Downtown Wichita is a thriving urban core of social, professional and cultural experiences. With over $1 billion of investment in the last decade, Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the treasured landmarks of tomorrow. Since 2010, significant investment has spurred over 1,200 residential units, 250 hotel rooms, a $70 million new headquarters for Cargill Protein Group, countless commercial projects and civic investments such as the $200 million INTRUST Bank Arena, $33 million Advanced Learning Library and the new $75 million Riverfront Stadium ballpark.
Wichita boasts extensive restaurant and cuisine choices perfect for foodies near and far, an ever-expanding active arts community, beautiful parks and museums. The region has a distinct pride of place that can be experienced in visits to the Keeper of the Plains, numerous annual festivals, and a host of entertainment options. Here, residents have the opportunity to participate in local decision making, choose among affordable and wide-ranging housing, and explore all the area’s amenities due to a low-cost, high-quality way of life.
- One of the Coolest Cities in America [Thrillist 2018]
- Top 100 Best Places to Live [Livability 2019]
- One of America’s Most Artistic Towns [Expedia 2018]
A Valuable, Rewarding Quality Of Life
Home to the seventh largest zoo in the nation, over 100 miles of bike paths and a burgeoning riverfront, this “Top 10 City for New College Graduate” is full of diverse experiences. Greater Wichita is where residents discover short commute times, a low cost of living, Instagram-worthy sunsets, and a cultural arts scene that rivals many major metro areas with nationally known artists – just to name a few of the region’s best kept secrets.
- Top 15 City for Best Work-Life Balance [Smart Asset 2019]
- Ranks #1 in Top 10 Cities with Lowest Rent [Rent Café 2018]
- Top 10 City Where Veterans Thrive Professionally [Smart Asset 2019]
- Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport Ranks #3 for the Best Small Airport [USA Today 2020]
- Discover more details about the Greater Wichita region’s low Cost of Living.
- Learn about the wide range of Industries and Careers.
- Take a mini tour of the area’s affordable and diverse Housing options and catch a view of our Communities.
- Notice the Greater Wichita region’s impressive Education and Healthcare offerings, key parts of our high quality of life.
- See why visitors often mention the area’s unexpectedly exciting Entertainment options.
- Explore our region’s points of pride and download data insights at Why Greater Wichita.
- Find additional information on our incredible quality of life through Choose Wichita.