Greater Wichita Partnership > About > Overview
Accelerating Regional Economic Growth
Welcome to the Greater Wichita Partnership, the economic development organization for the Greater Wichita region. Our work is focused on three priority areas — jobs, talent and quality of place — to fast-forward growth. Each priority is driven by highly detailed, research-driven plans.
Working collaboratively with partners to apply holistic strategies and creative tactics in each of these priority areas, together we are creating a more vibrant and successful community now and a solid future for the next generation.
The Greater Wichita Partnership aligns resources and focuses the business community on common strategies that fast-forward economic development and growth in Wichita and South Central Kansas.
Forward Thinkers: Our Collaborative Community
- The Greater Wichita Partnership consists of 130 investors, including both public and private organizations and businesses.
- Carrying out the mission of the organization is a team consisting of business and community leaders and full-time staff, dedicated to discovering catalytic ways to grow the area’s economy.
- Our team provides up-to-date market data to allow the private and public sector to make strategic business decisions and implements marketing campaigns to promote regional business and talent opportunities, while providing the resources and vision to ensure the community is pointed in the right direction.
Bold Initiatives: Putting Progress in Motion
- The Greater Wichita Partnership has the community at heart, taking a proactive stance to lead community and regional initiatives towards actionable results. In moments of economic challenge or crisis, our dedication to the community continues, facing adversity and creating solutions together.
- The Greater Wichita Partnership purposefully collaborates with an extensive list of community partners, subject matter experts and industries for a holistic approach to economic growth, recognizing that success requires teamwork and action.
- While it may be customary for other communities to work on one strategic plan at a time, the Greater Wichita Partnership initiated and completed three major planning efforts in one year to ensure cohesiveness, alignment, and integration of strategies and tactics.
A Quick Look Back: Forming the Greater Wichita Partnership
In 2012, more than 100 private-sector companies came together within the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce to form the Leadership Council, a group looking for ways to move the region’s economic development forward. It was determined that the best approach to achieve the region’s long-term goals was through greater coordination between local businesses, non-profits and government agencies. To facilitate this strategy, the group began the process of forming the Greater Wichita Partnership — an organization that could serve as a hub for collaboration and communication between public and private sectors. The Greater Wichita Partnership was officially launched in 2015, bringing Downtown Wichita, the Greater Wichita Economic Development Coalition, and multiple economic development committees and task forces together as a collaborative initiative. The Leadership Council was originally initiated by the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Next: Strategic Priorities