Greater Wichita Partnership > Locate & Expand > Entrepreneurs
Home to a burgeoning entrepreneurial ecosystem, the Greater Wichita region supports entrepreneurs and innovators as they launch businesses and programs. With an environment dedicated to innovation, the region’s diverse industries serve as a customer base for startups and small businesses. This foundation for entrepreneurship has served many companies across generations well, including Beechcraft, Cessna, Coleman, Koch Industries, Learjet, Pizza Hut, Safelite AutoGlass, Midwest E-Sports, Quicc, Lawn Buddy and HyperBorean.
Organizations supporting entrepreneurship and small business development include:
NXTUS is a catalyst for the Wichita startup ecosystem. Serving as a nexus for entrepreneurs, investors, corporate partners, and the community at-large. NXTUS is constantly aimed at achieving the ‘next us’ – growing startups, strengthening our innovation culture and support systems, and creating a bright future for the region.
- NXSTAGE Pilot Competition is aimed at helping propel startups with deployable products in market to their next stage of growth by connecting them to mature businesses and regional partners looking to become customers for their innovations.
- Accelerate Venture Partners (AVP) is a collaborative group of active investors from diverse professional and industry backgrounds investing in early stage, high potential companies in Wichita and the Midwest.
WSU Center for Entrepreneurship offers fee-based training covering business plan development, financial management, practical information technology, franchising, etc. CFE also manages the WSU BizInc venture incubator designed to support the earliest stages of entrepreneurial business development.
- E-Launch aids entrepreneurs with early stage ideas in discovering their customer and validating their value proposition.
- LaunchPrep provides early stage companies access to a select group of Wichita's most successful entrepreneurs in order to accelerate their business.
- The Shocker New Venture Competition gives students the opportunity to win venture money as well as receive valuable feedback on their idea from industry experts.
WSU Ventures assists Wichita State University faculty, staff and students in applying and commercializing their collective ideas, intellectual properties, know-how, talents, capabilities, ambitions and energies in ways that benefit the university community, industry and the public.
Accelerate Wichita. In 2021, the Accelerate Wichita Report was developed with local entrepreneurial ecosystem partners to provide a collective vision for the ecosystem's growth. This ecosystem convenes and leverages local supporters to collectively assist entrepreneurs who aspire to create scalable companies that positively impact the regional economy.
Groover Labs is dedicated to providing the physical space and opportunity for people who are ready to take the next step forward developing products, new skills and startup businesses.
FlagshipKansas.Tech is a non-profit organization that brings together Kansas technology companies to shine a light on the depth of skill, ingenuity, and innovation running in our cities and communities.
Wichita Technology Corporation provides capital and value-added services to well-managed companies with superior growth potential. We strive to help talented entrepreneurs develop and realize their goals through consulting, mentorship, and networking.
Matchstick Alliance fills the need of “second stage” startups that already have a viable idea that they are pursuing and need help growing to the next level.
The Create Campaign strategically communicates and connects African American entrepreneurs with existing services and educational opportunities based on where they are in their business development process to help start, sustain and grow businesses.
NetWork Kansas is the state’s one-stop for resources to start and grow your small business. Network Kansas is free to participating organizations and entrepreneurs.
Startup Grind hosts monthly startup events to teach, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs.
1 Million Cups is a free program designed to educate, engage and inspire entrepreneurs around the country. Through the power of volunteers, 1 Million Cups has grown to more than 160 communities.
MakeICT provides resources and activities to help members of the community create. The flagship program is the MakeICT makerspace – a 22,000 square foot facility which is home to several different areas filled with tools and equipment to make ideas come to life.
GoCreate is a premier makerspace open to creators of all ages and experiences. Located on the Wichita State University campus, this makerspace is equipped with high-tech tools and on-hand experts.
Youth Entrepreneurs is an engaging elective course and alumni program that prepares high school students for success in business and in life through experiential learning and character-building activities. Teachers are provided education resources including our free business curriculum.
Key information for entrepreneurs:
- Discover additional ways the Greater Wichita region supports entrepreneurs and small firms with Business Assistance.
- Learn about the affordability of starting and growing a business in Greater Wichita with low Taxes and Utilities.
Executive Vice President of Operations
We invite you to connect with the Greater Wichita Partnership for all of the information and resources available to companies choosing to locate or expand in Greater Wichita.