Greater Wichita Partnership > Industry Selectors > IT Systems & Support > Cybersecurity
The Cybersecurity Advantage
The connected world has led to a revolution in nearly every industry and it has heightened the need for digital security measures. The Greater Wichita region offers leaders in cybersecurity who are dedicated to keeping businesses protected and compliant.
Digital Service Job Growth
Best Metro for Remote Workers
McConnell Air Force Base Personnel Trained in Cybersecurity
Regional Cybersecurity Leaders and Resources
- The 184th Wing of the Air National Guard at McConnell Air Force Base includes approximately 500 men and women trained in cybersecurity; 70% of this group serve part time and are available for full-time jobs in the community.
- In addition to about 110 IT-sector companies, the corporate headquarters of Koch Industries and Spirit AeroSystems include large cyber and tech divisions.
- Wichita State University's planned National Institute for Digital Transformation will focus on developing new and innovative digital technologies including research and innovation in cloud computing and software development utilizing high speed broadband in Kansas, cybersecurity and cyber operations and in-demand system engineering technology. The program plans to specifically develop a cyber range which will allow for collaboration and testing of cybersecurity components for private industry to Department of Defense clients.
- The importance of an expanding technology and cybersecurity workforce is underscored by the Greater Wichita region's concentration of aviation and manufacturing firms that contract with the Department of Defense (DoD). Our ten-county region is home to over 450 aviation companies and 900 manufacturing firms. As the DoD continues to implement rigorous cybersecurity requirements, these companies look to the Greater Wichita region's homegrown cybersecurity experts to stay compliant and competitive.
- Butler County Community College’s IT Academy partners with high schools to graduate students with associate degrees in a variety of tech fields and offers a cybersecurity pathway program with Friends University as well as Wichita State University.
- The INTRUST Bank Cyber Security Laboratory at Friends University is one of only three of its kind in the nation in a university setting. The cyber lab offers cybersecurity students enrolled in the bachelor’s program an opportunity to learn and practice real-time attack and defense mechanisms. The lab utilizes the most comprehensive cyber defense training platform available.
- Learn how the Greater Wichita Partnership works with companies to find the right location at the right price. Start exploring Available Properties.
Director of Economic Development
The Greater Wichita region offers many resources for the oil and gas industry. Ready to learn more? Get in touch with our team to discover all the ways the Greater Wichita region can propel your manufacturing business towards the future.