Greater Wichita Partnership > Data & Resources > COVID-19 Local Support
Discover how our community is coming together to support one another as individuals and businesses.
- Sedgwick County Health Department on COVID-19
- If you are a business and would like to offer support/donations to keep our public safety and healthcare workers safe, let Sedgwick County Emergency Management know. They are seeking:
- Protective face masks: FDA/NIOSH approved N-95 or surgical masks
- Non-latex, medical gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Surface cleaners
- Non-permeable/fluid resistant gowns
- Nasopharyngeal specimen collection – swab and viral transport medium
- Contact Sedgwick County Emergency Management at (316) 660-5959 to donate.
- Sedgwick County Business Report Request
- To help monitor trends of COVID-19 and other diseases, the Sedgwick County Health Department is asking businesses to voluntarily report the total number of employees who are sick each week.
- Businesses are asked to report information online on Mondays, though numbers submitted after that will be accepted. A simple form is available here.
- Sedgwick County Facility Closings
- City of Wichita on COVID-19
- Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce has developed a resources page for small businesses affected by COVID-19. In addition, multiple virtual events and webinars are being hosted regularly on subjects important for small businesses during this time.
- To assist businesses in need of purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE), a work group of the COVID-19 Community Task Force identified a need to create a resource listing local vendors making and supplying PPE. The Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce has created a webpage with this listing through the Wichita Resource Center on their website. Learn more.
- United Way of the Plains
- The United Way of the Plains is a one-stop referral service for those impacted by COVID-19. For any general questions regarding the Coronavirus, call 2-1-1 to talk with a call specialist for assistance or text your ZIP code to 898-211.
- The United Way has created the Pandemic Fund to help people who have self-quarantined or vulnerable populations, such as the elderly. There are three simple ways to make a donation.
- Donate online
- Text "ICTResponse" to 41444 to donate
- Checks can be mailed to United Way of the Plains, 245 N. Water St., Wichita, KS 67202. Please include "Pandemic Fund" in the memo.
- Wichita Community Foundation
- COVID-19 Assistance Funds
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Wichita Community Foundation (WCF) has mobilized two funds, the WCF Emergency Fund (to assist nonprofits) and the newly-created Stand with Wichita Fund (to support individuals). The Stand with Wichita Fund, created in partnership with The Salvation Army, will provide utility assistance to anyone whose employment status has been impacted by the COVID-19 virus.
If you are a nonprofit organization or an individual who has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, view the press release announcing these funds to learn more.
- Keep Wichita Open Campaign
- To encourage maintaining healthy practices amidst COVID-19 and to ensure a thriving region, the Wichita Community Foundation has created the Keep Wichita Open campaign.
The campaign, which includes a website and promotional resources page, was created to encourage our regional community to do our part to keep things moving, keep businesses open and keep people healthy. The tagline of the campaign is “Easy as 1, 2, 6.” If we all commit to keeping 1 face (mask wearing), 2 hands (hand washing) and 6 feet (social distancing) in our daily practices, we will continue to see upward trends in our community. Learn more.
- Downtown Wichita - local restaurant/retail offerings
- Downtown Wichita has developed a list of specials, online ordering and delivery services during the COVID-19 pandemic from downtown restaurants and retailers.