Greater Wichita Partnership > Blog
Industry Leaders Share Insights, Opportunities at August Investor Meeting
By Emily Younger-Barnwell
How we approach industry opportunities and challenges will dictate the trajectory and economic success of the Wichita region.
For this very reason, the Partnership’s August Investor Meeting included a dynamic panel discussion featuring the following six industry leaders:
- Matt All, President and CEO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
- Marty Cornejo, Partner, Cornejo Holdings
- Margaret Dechant, CEO, 6 Meridian
- Ben Hutton, CEO, Hutton
- Todd McKee, SVP Supply Chain Management, Textron Aviation
- Kevin Strecker, CEO, Ascension Via Christi
- Demand growth in the aviation industry, specifically in the commercial, space and defense sectors.
- Increase in diverse, new construction projects and the revitalization/redevelopment of previously underutilized properties throughout the Wichita region, i.e., ICT21 Industrial Park.
- The local economy is healthy and getting healthier thanks to increased community vibrancy and offerings.
- Advanced technologies like artificial intelligence and data integration are improving the efficiency/effectiveness of patient care and outcomes.
- Newly formed industry and education partnerships are increasing the talent pipeline.
- Skills gaps.
- Community confidence.
- Need for increased investment in community projects.
Key Objectives Moving Forward:
- Increase internships, shadowing, and on-the-job training for middle, high school and college students to bolster the talent pipeline.
- Pursue development opportunities that reflect a big vision, exceed expectations and accelerate growth.
- Advance and market the Wichita region’s vibrant culture, attractive amenities, entertainment opportunities and innovative educational institutions.
Do you want to make a greater impact on the Wichita region? To learn how to get a seat at the Partnership’s next Investor Meeting contact Becca Newman at email@example.com. We ALL build Wichita.