Greater Wichita Partnership & Downtown Wichita Real Estate Intern
ABOUT THE GREATER WICHITA PARTNERSHIP AND DOWNTOWN WICHITA
As two of the region’s primary economic development entities, our mission to expand job opportunities; to attract and retain talent; and improve quality of life for visitors and citizens is important to the growth of our local economy.
The Greater Wichita Partnership and Downtown Wichita Real Estate Intern will assist with various real estate related tasks including data tracking, database entry, and inventory. They may also assist with real estate special projects and various downtown placemaking initiatives.
ESSENTIAL WORK TASKS
This position requires a proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to create content for various communication channels and audiences.
Intern will work directly with the Business Development team of the Greater Wichita Partnership and the Downtown Wichita team. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
(1) Adding new Property Listings of Sites & Buildings to the LocationOne system:
Online & electronic research
(2) Updating Existing Listings of properties
Calling commercial real estate professionals
Potentially coordinating meetings of real estate firms/groups
(3) Leveraging and Implementing City & County Geographic Information Systems (GIS):
(4) Conducting downtown real estate inventory including but not limited to:
Multi-family properties, commercial lease rates & retail sales
Various metrics important for development due diligence
(5) Assisting with various downtown placemaking initiatives
(6) Other special projects as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate & terminology
- Preliminary knowledge of land-use and planning & zoning
- Basic knowledge of commercial development processes
- Ability to utilize Windows operation system and web-based applications & internet browser for research & data entry
- Ability to edit or learn simple photo and Adobe software
- Possess strong speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with multiple team members
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Works tasks are generally performed in a controlled, office environment using computers and other office equipment. The role requires the employee to:
- Stand and walk daily basis
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally bend, stoop, squat, and twist
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds and push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Visualize a computer screen on a daily basis
- Talk with and listen to others on a daily basis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Looking to hire for the summer and fall semester 2023. Hourly compensation rate of $12-$15 per hour based on experience or related study. Intern position may be eligible for company benefits including health insurance and 401k retirement program. 15-20 hours/week preferred – and flexible hours can be coordinated with student’s school schedule.
The Greater Wichita Partnership and Downtown Wichita are equal opportunity employers.
Please include cover letter and resume to contact below. The position will remain open until filled.
Executive Vice President
505 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67202